Reed Exhibitions Travel, Tourism and Sports team were recognised with eight awards across the portfolio at the 4th annual Association of African Exhibition Organisers (AAXO) ROAR Awards on Friday 31 January at the Gallagher Convention Centre – including Best Overall Exhibition of the year for World Travel Market Africa (WTM Africa) 2019.
The AAXO ROAR Awards are aimed at acknowledging and recognising excellence in the exhibition industry and are judged on successful exhibition strategies incorporating marketing, public relations, operations and activation.
The 2019 work of the Reed Exhibitions South Africa team and their partners was recognised in the following categories:
- World Travel Market Africa was recognised for:
- Best Overall Exhibition
- Best Trade Exhibition (6 001-12 000m2)
- Distinction in Marketing (6 001-12 000m2)
- International Luxury Travel Market Africa picked up awards for:
- Best Table Top Exhibition
- Distinction in Marketing
- FIBO Global Fitness South Africa picked up awards for:
- Best Trade & Consumer Exhibition (6 001-12 000m2)
- Distinction in Operations and Logistics (6 001-12 000m2)
- Distinction in Social Media
Megan Oberholzer, Portfolio Director: Travel, Tourism & Sports Portfolio for Reed Exhibitions South Africa says : “It’s wonderful to receive recognition from our peers for the tireless work our team does on major international events like WTM Africa, ILTM Africa and FIBO Africa,” she says. “We’re as delighted to see our Host City partner – The City of Cape Town acknowledged for the beautiful stand and experience they brought to WTM Africa 2019.