Africa Tourism Leadership Awards recognises the game-changers in the tourism sector. The awards focus on individual and group initiatives being pursued to ignite the continent’s travel industry. 2019 winners include the president of the Republic of Rwanda, Paul Kagame who won the Destination Africa Lifetime award.
- Leading in Progressive Policies’ Award
- Outstanding Tourism Transportation Award
- Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award
- Women in Leadership Award
- Most Innovative Business Tourism Destination Award
- Outstanding Accommodation Facility/Group Award
- Outstanding Africa Tourism Media & Marketing Award
- Championing Sustainability Award
- Destination Africa – Lifetime Award
Criteria for Nomination:
The experts from the nomination committee choose three (3) nominees for each category on the basis of entries received based on the following attributes:
- nominees must be a stakeholder in Africa’s travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation industries – including public, private, third sector stakeholders, individuals or group of individuals, destinations, communities and other stakeholders operating in Africa.
- nominees must be doing something outstanding and innovative with measurable results.
- nominees must be involved in an outstanding project or initiative and demonstrate consistent achievements over a period of a minimum of 2 years.
- nominees must be able to demonstrate the sustainability of their operation in terms of the economic as well as environment and social impact (e.g. environmentally sensitive, ethical in their operations, inclusive in their workforce engagement).
- nominees must demonstrate some level innovation in entrepreneurship and/or technology.
Deadline for Awards and Competition Entries – 30 July, 2020
If you know game-changers in the industry, nominate them now (including yourself or your company).